The vision of the ECE Department is to become a nationally and internationally leading department of higher learning, building upon the culture and the values of universal science and contemporary education and a center of research and education generating the knowledge and the technologies which lay the groundwork in shaping the future in the fields of Electronics and Communication engineering.
The mission of the ECE Department is to provide education for those students who are able to compete internationally, able to produce creative solutions to the society's needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code and to generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's)
PEO-I Graduates will have to excel in professional career by acquiring the knowledge in
the fundamentals of Electronics and Communication Engineering principles and
professional skills through rigorous learning teaching.
PEO-II Graduates will have the required to analyze real life problems and design socially
accepted and economically feasible solutions. To involve in lifelong learning and
professional development by pursuing higher education
PEO III Graduates will gain attributes to become an entrepreneur by practicing professional ethics, integrity and lead a team with good leadership qualities
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Electronics and Communication Engineering graduates will be able to:
PSO-1. Apply engineering knowledge to Design and implement the real time systems using Digital Signal Processing and Embedded Systems.
PSO-2. Provide solution for societal needy and to successfully adapt in multi-disciplinary environments using Engineering context.