The vision of the CIVIL Engineering Department is
- To give the nation qualitative Civil Engineers, who can contribute for the construction of a better world with sophisticated infrastructural facilities, eco friendly houses, modern transportation facilities with a pollution free environment and to protect the precious natural resources of this planet.
- To mould the students into good entrepreneurs and to promote self confidence and all-round development of the student personality through special lectures, practical training programs, field visits and technical seminars.
- To generate knowledge base through sustained research and developmental efforts.
- To promote faculty development programs for updating knowledge and improving their overall professional competence and caliber
The mission of the CIVIL Engineering Department is to provide education for those students who are able to compete internationally, able to produce creative solutions to the society's needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code, and to generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of Civil engineering.
Our goal is to produce graduates who integrate and build on the Program's core curricular concepts in the pursuit of professional leadership, teamwork, life-long learning, and career advancement. The core concepts include: design and process-modeling experience; open-ended problem solving; teamwork and project management skills; oral, written, and graphical communication skills; contemporary computer usage; multi-disciplinary experience; and ethical, professional, social and global awareness.
The Program Educational Objectives are
- To produce graduates who have a strong foundation of scientific and technical knowledge and are equipped with problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills that will serve them throughout their careers;
- To produce graduates who have the ability to pursue careers as practicing civil engineers;
- To produce graduates who have the ability to pursue advanced studies in disciplines such as transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Hydraulics, Water Resources Engineering, Hydrology, Structural Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanics, Law, or Business;
- To produce graduates who have the ability to assume professional leadership roles;
- To produce graduates with skills and qualifications for careers outside the traditional focus areas of civil engineering
CIVIL Engineering is such a course which is very much flexible when job opportunities are concerned. Today's India is growing and accordingly infrastructures like road,buildings,highways are also increasing high. Civil engineers conceive and manage the physical infrastructure and environmental protection systems of our society. They design, plan, construct and manage physical facilities, including roadways, dams, buildings and pipelines. They may own a construction firm, be a partner in a consulting company, or work for a government agency or corporation. They can find work anywhere in the world, because there are needs for physical facilities everywhere.The campus interviews program will be taken care and monitored by our special placement cell.
A congenial atmosphere prevails in the department and in particular between the teacher and the taught. All the laboratories of the department are well equipped with advanced instruments, to fully satisfy the training needs of the students.
Conducting seminars, workshops and conferences on the latest developments and arranging industrial visits and expert lectures for the benefit of the students are regular features in the department.